- London, Leeds or Dublin - Remote
- up to £84k + Bonus
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
- Job Title: Sr. Martech Portfolio Manager
- Client Location: UK-wide but preferably from London, Leeds, or Dublin
- Starting: ASAP
- Salary/Pay Rate: up to £84k depending on experience + discretionary annual performance
- Hours: Full-time
- Duration: Permanent
The role: We are looking for a Portfolio Manager (Marketing Technology) to join our client's Marketing Products team in Dublin, or Leeds.
Reporting to the Lead Project Manager (Marketing Technology), the Portfolio Manager is a key role within the Marketing Products function and the organisation at large.
As such, you will be the face of the Marketing Technology Product group and owner of the end-to-end, community roadmap. You will also be the gatekeeper for non-Marketing work items that need to be added to the group roadmap.
You will work closely with the Product and Technology teams to ensure the roadmap accurately reflects the latest status of all ongoing work.
Using your in-depth Excel and Jira experience you will build out a data set of roadmap items that can be easily formatted to fit into any report needed.
Moving forward, you will define the process that will allow the Marketing Technology Team to handle roadmap items efficiently and be a key contributor to the Central Portfolio team and their strategy!
You will also maintain the relationship with 3rd party Marketing Technology vendors when required.
- You will work in close collaboration with partners from various teams across the company including Poker, Casino, and Sports to create a prioritised backlog of business goals to be achieved by the Marketing Technology Tribe
- Coordinate with Marketing Technology Product Managers to understand which squads are impacted for each request and provide roadmap impact analysis when required to advise prioritisation decisions
- Maintaining the machinery that underpins a successful roadmap: Maintain a concise and accurate picture of the current state of the roadmap including pending requests. Handle the team risks, assumptions, issues, and dependency registers
- Lead regular inter-tribe coordination meetings to ensure the Marketing Technology Team’s needs are represented
- Attend alignment sessions with other teams to agree on overall dependencies between the roadmaps
- Reporting based on the tribe roadmap: Create regular team roadmap reports for the steering group
- Report regularly on the health of the roadmap and identify early if work is at risk of slipping.
- Investment allocations (retrospective view and forecast), incremental resources, onboarding plans for new teams, number of teams
- Ad hoc requests such as 2021/H1/H2 delivery retrospective, effort spent on…, value delivered by…, incremental capacity, etc…
- Vendor Management: You will own key communications to 3rd parties related to change freezes and key events
- Provide a clear view of vendor budgets and ongoing budget management. Contracts management: budget management overall and per provider, signing new contracts, existing contracts renewals, technology standards, and SLAs.
Your skills, experience, and background:
- At least 4 years’ experience within a large product organisation in a sophisticated company.
- Experience working in a regulated industry, ideally within the online gaming industry.
- Strong familiarity with a broad range of portfolio management tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- A good understanding of Agile ways of working, ideally after holding a role within an Agile project.
- Proven experience creating and maintaining a complex roadmap, including data-based progress from development teams.
- Excellent partner skills. We are a small team with high demand and positive relationships are key to our success.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Jira, and Confluence skills
- The reporting demands are many and varied and building up a strong underlying dataset will be key.
- Process engineering skills to build, embed, and lead a new roadmap process for all teams and squads to follow.
- Openly curious: Willing to question preconceptions and bring new insights.
- Outcome focused: achieves outcomes that drives both customer behaviour and performance with high levels of energy and passion.
- Collaborates: is a standout colleague - works with others across the organisation to get things done.
- Bias to action, ownership, and an honest and blame-free approach to problem-solving.
The ultimate owner of industry-leading gaming brands.