- Remote (must be UK based)
- £80k plus bonuses
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shana Hector
- 12 months
Job Title: Communications Associate Manager
Duration: 12 months - likely to be extended to a year
Location: Flexible working but based in London office
Our client is one of the biggest social media technology companies in the world, with a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs with our client offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Our client’s social media platform was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. This has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Our client is looking for a tenacious and analytical Communications Associate Manager to support our busy proactive and reactive press office work in the UK, with an emphasis on corporate or policy communications.
You’ll have a good understanding of the UK media landscape and be no stranger to working in a busy press office, having been at the front line of managing daily media requests and drafting responses in a highly demanding and time critical environment. You’ll also have experience of developing and executing high-profile communications initiatives and campaigns.
The ideal candidate needs to be creative, hard-working, and someone who can build good relationships with UK reporters to ensure accurate reporting and that our voice is heard. They need to be able to thrive in a demanding, fast-moving environment and work on a number of issues or projects simultaneously. From crafting reactive press office responses to building proactive plans, the ideal candidate has excellent communication and writing skills and is capable of articulating complex issues in an easy-to-digest manner.
The candidate will also have an understanding of measurement and work closely with the in-house media monitoring team to track stories. Strong organizational and management skills are both key to success in this role.
This position is based in London reporting to the Head of Communications for UK, Ireland and Nordics.
- Work in a busy reactive press office, handling campaigns and complex and sensitive issues which require prioritisation, cross-team input and internal management;
- Be on the front line talking to media, responding to enquiries, drafting comments, monitoring coverage and social media;
- Work with PR agency and liaise with internal teams across EMEA and globally to build media responses;
- Execute communications strategies and initiatives to support the platform’s operations in UK;
- Work and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across the company, particularly with policy, product, partnerships and marketing;
- Help pitch positive stories; either local initiatives or tailoring global news for a UK audience, across national, broadcast, consumer and trade press;
- Help improve processes with issues that come in and work a lot with internal teams to also help answer the issues with a press inbox and resolve it;
- Prepare briefing materials and draft op-eds and posts.
- 4+ years professional experience in communications or public relations;
- Proven experience working in a busy press office environment, handling daily issues and enquiries from media - ideally with some experience and a good network from working in tech;
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment;
- Ability to grasp and understand multiple complex global policies, distilling down how they might impact at a UK level;
- Good judgement, ability to multitask and prioritise;
- Excellent communications, writing and decision-making skills;
- Understanding of social media, XFN, and passion for large social media networks;
- A tenacious and critical thinker.
A technology background is preferred but not essential with experience working with large global companies.
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.