- Remote (must be UK based)
- Up to £87,000 bonus eligible
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shana Hector
- 6 months to start with a high possibility of being renewed
Our top 5 big technology client is looking for a Communications Manager to join their Strategic Response Communications team. This person will be responsible for monitoring news cycles and developing analysis and reports for our social media client's most pressing issues. A key part of this role is keeping teams informed with real-time news updates, summaries of social media conversations, and media coverage trends, themes, and overall comparative analysis.
The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with colleagues and can consistently deliver high-quality work even under severe time constraints. Candidates should be strong communicators. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, strong reading, writing, and organization skills are critical. You should be passionate about products and policy issues on social media, and be familiar with using data analytics to inform media strategies.
You should come from a journalistic background; be proficient in German market affairs and be constantly updated with all of the current and latest news in Germany.
- Read, analyse, and summarise media coverage of important policy-related issues on our client's platform.
- Stay informed on news cycle domestically and internationally
- Stay informed and up to date on complex policy issues facing the company and deliver insights accordingly
- Track social media conversations and deliver insightful reports
- Work closely with broader communications teams to help support and inform communication strategy
- 3+ years of experience monitoring press and stakeholder relations
- Fluent in English and German
- Familiarity with the European media market
- Is up-to-date with current affairs and the latest news in Germany
- Experience drafting messaging materials and writing news summaries
- Experience managing issues and developing crisis communication strategies
- Experience owning multiples deliverables and working in a deadline driven environment
- Experience distilling technology or policy concepts into consumer language
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Broadcast, Political Science, or related field
- Experience working at a public affairs agency
- Experience working at a technology company
- Experience using data platforms to monitor media volume and analyze social media conversation.
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.