- London - Manchester - remote
- up to £60k p.a.
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Abdi Ali
So… You get it. UX is about being the voice of the customer – they’re already at the focus of everything you do.
You’re amazing with words. You’re the ‘wordsmith’ – the go-to for slick, energetic user journey copy. You can turn the complex and muddy into something clear and concise. You can delight, instruct, persuade and empathise. You’re a leader, a strategist, an advocate.
You’re ready for a new challenge then, yes?
The the Senior UX Writer role with the Group is for you!
We’re on a real mission to save people money. Your team will be made up of creative designers, UI designers and UX researchers. Your team sits amongst some of the best UX talent in the Manchester digital scene, and the product management is top-level.
You’ll work closely with the tech team, the brand team, CRM and marketing too. You’ll be collaborating, researching, creating, influencing, leading. You’ll be showing our customers that there’s always more ways to save, whilst being the captain of the accessibility ship.
You’ll be leading the charge when it comes to strategy, keeping your team on track with OKRs and ensuring your work meets important business needs.
Why our role? - No two days are the same for a Senior UX writer at MS Group.
- First, you could be working on any of the products belonging to Moneysupermarket Group, including new initiatives and sitewide projects
- You’d be leading co-design sessions with UI and UX, as well as being the main conduit of communication for the content team and CRM teams.
- You could be expected to present your rationale and methodologies to senior stakeholders, so today, like every day, you’d need to be the principal voice of UX writing
- A real advocate for good, accessible micro copy and in-journey experiences. You aren’t afraid to push back, so you’re able to influence designs according to your copy input.
- Next, you could be settling in to help your team with BAU, offering candid feedback and signing off work
- You’d be making sure relationships between your team and UI, UX and research are strong – leading the charge with collaboration, creative play and new innovations.
- In the afternoon, you could be facilitating an in-house qualitative research session, organising the structure of the session, and observing users as they scroll through our latest prototype.
- Before you head home, you could be running the day’s work through different readability measures, ensuring WCAG compliance
- Or maybe you’d be making sure that your three-year strategy is being delivered as expected by reviewing your teams OKR performances…
What do we need from you?
- You have plenty of experience in the UX writing field
- You have a natural flair for demystifying complex jargon
- You have really beautiful command of the English language
- You have exceptional people skills, able to demonstrate leadership ability, offer candid critique, and defend your choices
- You have a solid understanding of how tone of voice works, and experience in creating tone of voice documentation or working in design systems
- You are super-organised, with the drive to manage your own workload and get stuff done to deadline
- You’re aware of how accessibility and usability play a huge part in digital products, with demonstrable knowledge of WCAG compliance
- You’ve worked in sprints, bringing UX copy into the discovery phases of projects
- You have experience working with A/B testing, qualitative testing and remote unmoderated user testing
- A good understanding of the role and responsibilities of an insurance intermediary
- A good understanding of the FCA’s regulatory requirements relating to the sale of insurance products and how they apply to a Senior UX Writer role
- A good understanding of the risks posed to customers when buying insurance products and how to mitigate them
- A good understanding of how a positive culture (putting the customer at the heart of decisions) and strong business ethics (doing the right thing) can ensure good outcomes for consumers
- A good understanding of insurance products: how they work, their T&Cs, risks, and the relevant laws affecting them
The UK's leading price comparison website and all the best travel deals in one place.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.