- remote/1-2 days in offices/West London
- Start date:
- September 1st
- Posted By:
- Claire Blasi
- 1 Year FTC
My client, an art materials supplier with some big named brands in their portfolio are looking for a New Product Manager team leader with strong project management skills and experience of new product launches. This is a pivotal role that sits within Global (new and existing product development), looking after projects from initiation to launch for both Product and Merchandising.
Responsibilities include managing, reporting the team resources and project allocations. Identifying improvements to processes and communicating updates to key stakeholders, as well as working with higher management on NPD roadmaps and challenges to the business.
Other responsibilities also include planning and leading projects and working with the project team to align and focus their activities. Provide active input to drive the success and completion of the project through sourcing, engineering and technical input in a timely and qualitive manner.
If you are a creative person with a passion for art and people, this is the role for you!
Management of team - 4 direct reports:
- Responsible for project allocations for all Innovation Board/Fast Track projects.
- Monthly reporting of projects to manager.
- Support team on any challenges and escalating where appropriate.
- Work closely with manager to identify process improvements.
- Work with stakeholders to improve, implement process changes with clear communication.
- You will work only on approved projects, assemble and coordinate project staff, ensuring responsibilities are clearly assigned and understood.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- You will submit project status reports to stakeholders, highlighting risks and weaknesses and escalating for decisions/action as required.
- You will lead the planning and implementation of any given project ensuring a holistic view of the end-to-end process.
- Develop a detailed project plan with key Milestones appointing a DRI for each milestone.
- Create and maintain project plan documentation utilising templates and software available.
- Conduct regular project review meetings with the relevant stakeholders, with the appropriate format of communication
- Provide direction and support to the project team; identify knowledge gaps within the team devising how to bridge them.
- Ensure full knowledge transfer and smooth handover with project team changes.
Product specification development:
· You will develop technical knowledge through the duration of your contract and use this to give advice and coach the team.
· Work with key stakeholders to develop specifications and agree on signoffs in accordance with the procedure for all aspects of the product including appearance, function, performance and durability.
· Final fit, form, function, and performance specifications to be approved by the project team and in particular the appropriate brand representative.
· You will oversee the development of purchasing / internal manufacturing specifications to ensure final product specifications can consistently be met.
· Ensure sufficient testing to ensure the specification is suitable, including transit testing and testing in ‘normal use’ by consumers at appropriate stages.
· Ensure finalised product specifications included expected performance parameters under normal use are documented.
Product delivery performance and variance tracking:
- You will ensure project documents are completed, current, and appropriately stored.
- Implement and manage only approved project changes and interventions to achieve project output, resetting timeline and plan schedule documents as necessary and communicating to stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment between the Approved commercial plan and operational implementation reporting highlighting variances and risks where they occur.
- You will develop solutions where possible to bridge identified gaps between the Approved commercial and operational plans.
- You will complete post-project reviews to capture learnings and successes.
We are looking for someone who is:
- At least 3+ years cross-functional project management experience and experience managing a team.
- Demonstrate success of working with global offices across Europe and Asia
- Educated to degree level
- Culturally aware
- A passion for the arts
- Leadership – people and resources
- Results Orientation
- Strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Ability to influence and work through others
- Analytical thinker & Problem solver
- Good communicator
- Decision-maker & able to balance risk & return
Please contact me if you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. email@example.com
*Due to the high volume of responses, if you have not received an email in 48 hours please take it that you have unfortunately not been successful.