- South London-Mostly remote
- dependent on experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Meredith Lawlor
A Health and Safety company is looking to take one giant step further into the world of Digital Product. This team of approx. 65 staff work hard to ensure that all 30,000 customers are set up with top-notch support so they can focus on the day-to-day of their construction businesses. This company provides its clients with accreditation, support and advice on risk prevention.
They are, however, missing one major link- a Product Manager who can manage the products on a few of their client/customer portals. This Product Manager will have at least 4+ years of experience leading strategy, planning, delivery and optimisation within a digital product team.
Reporting to Head of Product, you will have a passion for identifying product road maps and working closely with internal stakeholders and third partners to help define these. You will be ensuring the users' needs are always at the heart of what is being built. You’ll be responsible for communicating effectively to engineers, the project manager, CX manager with the power to enforce positive change.
Your Day-To-Day and Objectives:
• You’ll be defining which projects we need to prioritise and setting a timeline to hit those goals quickly
- Managing full product life-cycle
- Be a trusted advisor and customer advocate to customers in order to identify and assist with their business and technical challenges.
- Perform product demos for customers
- Collect, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from stakeholders across product releases
- Write Product Requirements and Market Requirement documents
- Support the product development lifecycle for all products by developing user stories, partnering to execute User Testing, and completing post-launch analysis
- Contribute to establishing core UI/UX/CX processes, principles, best practices and frameworks incorporating high levels of communication within the team and the wider company
- Promote cross-functional and collaborative work practices
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders across the organisation to share priorities, align on opportunities, and develop and share key learnings with respect to digital consumer behaviour through the lens of commercial objectives.
- Define success criteria and metrics for the products as well as perform post-implementation analysis.
- Identify areas for process improvement within the delivery and distribution of both new and existing products
- Work with the management team to improve internal processes in line with recognized best practices and standards
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Iterating, improving and fixing issues with existing product functionality
- Independently leading AGILE processes and ceremonies to drive delivery
- A record of Product Manager experience knowledge and work history.
- Proven track record of independently leading a team and delivering successful results
- Skilled with story design and estimation, with user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience working in an information-rich and technical regulated environment.
- Articulate and open communication style, comfortable writing and speaking with designers, developers and other colleagues in other disciplines and senior stakeholders
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously with varying timelines
- Delivery focused with a “can-do” attitude
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented with an evidence-based approach to problem-solving
- Motivated and forward-thinking, with a desire to help move the business and those around them to the next level
A Health and Safety company that offers accreditation schemes that encourage compliance, mitigate risks and support efficient supply chain management. A fairly new organisation with an all-in-one solution and is proud of their flexible working. They have grown 25% over 6 months, and are excited to keep going!
This team is looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and self-motivated. For this reason, they are open to candidates who would like to work from home on a permanent basis. You must be willing to go on-site to their South West London office at least roughly 2 or 3 times per week. This will be flexible.