- £50-£61k pa pro-rata plus benefits
- Start date:
- August 2021
- Posted By:
- Judy Yebuah
- 6 month contract
Writers are the voice of our client. They craft the intuitive, inspiring text seen and heard in products across the web, on mobile, in homes and cars – always acting as an advocate for their users. They do this by collaborating with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, and others to imagine, design, test, and deliver products and product features used by hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
You’ll be based in London working predominantly with the UX, Engineering and PM teams and you may also occasionally be required to collaborate with people in Mountain View and New York.
You’ll be part of a great UX team that works to support the product’s publishers with a focus on how to best communicate and manage automated user experiences. You will also write exemplary copy to support the product’s platforms and new acquisitions projects.
- Write clear, concise UI text for use in publisher-facing user journeys, some of which will be automated and will require of the UX Writer careful consideration and collaboration with all UX, Eng and PM partners.
- Help develop, maintain and implement the Automation Content Strategy principles and guidance that your UX, Eng and PM partners have bought into and will use to guide what they build.
- Contribute Content Strategy and UX Writing support for the product’s platform and publisher/creator acquisition projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert and point of contact for UX writing for the product (i.e. consulting hours).
- Contribute to design specs, systems thinking, and unified UX collaborative processes.
- Help coordinate the localization process and work closely with legal teams to understand and interpret constraints, and recommend variants to test.
- Take on additional projects as available.
- You will need at least 3-5 years of product UX writing experience.
- Ability to diplomatically juggle competing priorities and potentially ambiguous direction in a chaotic, deadline-driven environment.
- Mastery of writing mechanics to the extent that no copy-editing is needed.
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams of designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers.
- Ability to justify content decisions with established best practices, understanding of engineering capabilities, and research-driven principles.
- Strong working familiarity with Google Workspace software (Sheets, Docs, Slides etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including developing presentations and deliverables
- Proven ability to drive design thinking through working closely with UX and product teams
- Publisher or advertiser product/B2B experience
- Experience writing environment
- Familiarity with an ads ecosystem: publishers, consumers, advertisers
- Experience developing or working within a content framework
- Strong working familiarity with Figma
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field (Human Computer Interaction, aka HCI, or Psychology)
You will need to provide an annotated portfolio of demonstrated UX writing and content strategy projects. Next steps will be shared with shortlisted candidates asap!
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently receiving a large number of applications for job roles, so please ensure your skills are relevant before applying. Bear with us, as going through applications will take longer than usual. We are unable to reply to unsuccessful candidates due to the overwhelming volume. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Our Client is a multinational technology company, specialising in Internet-related services and products; including online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. The atmosphere is relaxed with a diverse and innovative culture. Opportunities for growth and progression and networking with like-minded people across the business and beyond.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.