- West London
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Andrew Zdunek
- 12 month FTC
Overview and Job purpose
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Creative Strategist to work on some of the best-known food and beverage brands.
When you’re not working from home you will be based in our West London Office and be part of our in-house agency. We produce above-the-line and through-the-line comms – everything from digital and social campaigns, to brand strategy and shopper activation.
You will lead the internal agency’s campaign’s strategy and planning. Directing, overseeing and working alongside the Creative Director and team. You will help brands deliver better creative through the line, with particular emphasis on retail activations, trade and TTL.
You will have to act as the strategic lead, delivering insight-lead strategies and honing the creative, to make sure we can deliver what the client needs, and do good work we can all be proud of.
You’ll know shopper marketing like the back of your hand. You’ll use internal and external sources to gather data and make considered conclusions to craft creative briefs and lead inspired briefings; while remaining an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
You will be responsible for recommending strategies and KPIs through the line for our brands with a focus on our offline channels. You will plan awe-inspiring brainstorms and brief our creative team to ensure our output is strategically robust. You will utilise your wealth of knowledge and marketing experience and will need to be in-tune with the latest culture and audience/shopper/retailer trends.
- Foster a culture of curiosity, data based decisions, collaboration, and passion. Egos are best left at the door.
- Confidence and gravitas to voice and present your ideas in an engaging way toward brand teams (internal clients),
- senior stakeholders and internal creative teams whilst maintaining an open mind to the opinion of others.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
- Create, develop and adapt campaigns within the retail arena, with an understanding of the underlying brand strategy.
- Craft creative briefs and lead inspiring briefing sessions.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the intersection of consumer/shopper motivation and brand team business
- Develop strategic stories that enable big ideas to be sold into brand teams. A thorough understanding of shopper marketing and retail activation, including channel recommendations (including trade, wholesale, grocery and convenience with a view of online retail channels), retailer agendas and understanding of shopper mindsets.
- Have an clear understanding of the consumer journey and the shopper decision tree, and audit the content/communications ecosystem and where the most valuable points are to invest time and money.
- Work with the shopper team and to develop strategies and best practice that can lead to best in class shopper marketing campaigns.
- Translate and add value to business/client briefs, turning them into insight-rich comms briefs ensuring that creative and media are effectively integrated
- Plan and host workshops when needed
- Develop strong, trusting relationships between brand and agency partners, providing leadership and support
- during strategy, ideation, and execution
- Proactively keeps abreast of brand plans and shopper activities.
- Mandatory retail and/or food/beverage industry experience.
- Identifying key trends & best practices and sharing this internally
- Proactively approaching client with relevant innovative & integrated solutions
- Articulating creative ideas to sell-in to brand
- Works and interacts with team members from all departments
- An agile doer not just a smart thinker
- Autonomous role, no direct reports but work closely with other strategists, insight teams and all internal teams
- within the in-house agency.
Key Competencies, skills & professional experience
- Thorough understanding of shopper marketing, including touch points and media with demonstrable success within shopper marketing campaigns
- Articulate in why creative is on or off strategy and create compelling arguments
- A passion for marketing, advertising and creativity.
- Minimum 5 + years experience BTL
- Solid understanding of the briefing and creative development process
- Creative Agency side experience a must (5 years+)
- Creative, passionate and in tune with the latest content marketing and wider trends.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines across multiple projects on multiple brands.
- Experience working on brand campaigns, contributing and complementing to the creative
- Willing to get involved in multiple areas within a small, agile team
- Strong, confident and effervescent presentation skills
- Excellent organisational, communication and time-management skills
- Excellent client management skills (this is a client facing role)
- Highly organised individual with experience managing a portfolio of campaigns
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.