- 2/3 days onsite/City/East London offices
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Claire Blasi
We are partnering with a fantastic, highly regarded international marketing agency who are on the lookout for a new Managing Director to join their team. The agency thrives on their open and honest policy and collaborative approach. Specialising in digital marketing, branding, design along with video, advertising, and product and channel marketing, the business are looking for an MD to work with their existing clients, to meet their evolving needs and ensure quality delivery by the team, whilst successfully actioning new client acquisition strategies. You will have a depth of understanding and experience in creative and digital agency businesses in order to drive performance, and will be comfortable taking on P&L responsibilities.
The role requires senior-level experience in building/leading a company, practice, or function within a creative/marketing/media agency environment, you will report directly to the Board of Directors, and will sit on the Leadership Team.
You will be supported onsite at their central London office by an experienced Account Director and a team of specialists working across digital/social media, events, and creative, while the incumbent CEO will help with the transition and be on hand later to provide input as needed.
- You will empower the team to take ownership and find solutions while supporting them by removing any barriers to success.
- Create a culture of fresh thinking, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- Assist in hiring and retaining the best talent.
- Contribute to the company’s culture by exhibiting ownership, professionalism, passion, and leading by example.
- You will be adept at fostering strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Seen as a trusted advisor to clients on the business capabilities, identifying in securing new client acquisition opportunities across a breadth of sectors to help steer this highly successful agency towards further growth.
- You will input and steer strategic and high-value projects, working with the Account Director.
- Overseeing and signing off creative.
- Oversight, input, and approving core proposals and reports.
- You will be the main contact for client procurement for reviews and compliance.
- You will develop business development strategy and tactics with the Board, and run an ongoing programme aimed at generating new business leads and driving the growth of the agency.
- You will lead new business responses, proposals, and pitches.
- You will ensure team scheduling, recruitment and systems are running effectively.
- You will work closely with the team to effectively manage staff and nurture their positive, creative, and service-oriented team culture.
- Work with the Board on recruitment, staff reviews and freelance talent from time to time, and sign off staff expenses and payroll monthly.
- Analyse and make improvements to workflows and systems, as needed.
- You will maintain, track and forecast client budgets with best practice.
- Have strong oversight of SOW, construction of fees, account reviews, profitability analysis.
- Manage an external bookkeeper, raising sales invoices, trafficking invoice approvals, and setting up regular bank payments.
- You will produce financial reports regularly for our Board.
- Have ownership of all P&L, financials, and commercials of a multi-million pound turnover business.
- You will have extensive experience in Client Services, working in a marketing, digital agency, and/or consultancy environment - ideally with 7-figure accounts.
- Integrated marketing experience with strong digital capabilities and knowledge - ideally within the Technology or Consumer Electronics sector.
- Commercial management experience in an entrepreneurial and scaling creative, media, or marketing agency environment.
- Strong strategic business planning with advanced skills in forecasting, analysing performance metrics, and project management.
- An exceptional track record of delighting clients and experience networking and building long-lasting relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly articulate ideas and innovative solutions.
- Ability to write clear, cohesive, and focused client comms including strategic presentations with strong storytelling skills. Also mentoring team to further develop these skills.
- Highly analytical and skilled with various evaluation techniques, to develop/present regular reports tracking various metrics.
- Effective team management capabilities that support high performance and engagement in creative and account management teams.
- Authentically passionate about great work, teams, and business.
- Demonstrated ability to grow revenue through organic growth and new business.
- Experience driving positive (or turning around) client satisfaction scores.
- Ability to manage complex client budgets and track in minute detail.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Self-starter with excellent initiative.
- Strong growth mindset with a motivation to meet specific financial targets.
Please contact me if you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. email@example.com
*Due to the high volume of responses, if you have not received an email in 48 hours please take it that you have unfortunately not been successful.
An international marketing agency. They have been going strong since 2005, they have a foundation in technology and innovation, and a variety of experience working with both global and local brands.