- Central London (Must be UK based)
- £62k - £77k pro-rata + paid holiday
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Judy Yebuah
- 6-month contract
This role is paid on a PAYE basis and you'll be entitled to 33 days paid holiday, inclusive of bank holidays, per year, pro-rata
This role is based in London but open to other locations within the UK. You must be able to relocate/travel to London when offices reopen.
You'll be part of an e-commerce team. This role will involve primarily qualitative research; therefore, you’ll need to have experience with 1-2-1 in-depth interviews with usability research and in-person contextual research experience, as well as any other qual research methodologies. Quantitative experience could involve surveys and data analysis. This would be a bonus but not essential for this role.
You’ll be working very independently with the Product Manager, Designers, Engineers. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running to put together research plans for individual studies and propose the research agenda over a series of months that the team will be involved in. You’ll be liaising with Stakeholders to get this aligned and agreed; therefore, you’ll need to feel confident liaising with Stakeholders.
The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. The team are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
The team is based across the USA and Zurich, and you’ll be the sole UX Researcher for this team and be the only person on the team based in London. However, there is another team based in London where the Hiring Manager and UX Researcher for this team will be available for some guidance and support.
The USA team work to East Coast hours, so you will be primarily working to this time. This role does try to limit working in the evening (beyond 6pm); however, there will be some ad-hoc user interviews that you’ll need to do for this role in the evening. Zurich is one hour behind, so this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Literature reviews
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note-taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Work with content at many levels (style guides, templates, analytics)
- Partner with Product, Program Management, UX, UXR, engineering, support operations, legal, PR, and other editorial groups to ensure content consistency and transparency.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- You’ll need to have experience/exposure of some sort within the retail/E-commerce space
- Social Shopping experience - advantageous
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers (aka user interviews), field research, surveys
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Can prioritise time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field (Ideal)
Our Client is a multinational technology company, specialising in Internet-related services and products; including online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. The atmosphere is relaxed with a diverse and innovative culture. Opportunities for growth and progression and networking with like-minded people across the business and beyond.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.