- remote/ 3 days a week from September
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Notice period
- Posted By:
- Claire Blasi
My client is a well-established big-name performance marketing and technology business, who is looking for a talented Content Writer.
Who are we?
You will be working for a performance marketing and technology business. They generate high-value, low-cost leads for businesses and help customers choose the best products and services with a two-fold approach to driving price comparison switches.
Why our Role?
Reporting into the Senior Content Editor, You will be key in growing the brand's broadband, mobiles and energy channels by building an extensive trove of home services content.
What will you be doing?
· You will grow the brands broadband, mobiles, and energy channels by building an extensive trove of home services content.
· Sub-edit the work of colleagues on the editorial team to ensure high standards are maintained and that copy aligns to tone-of-voice guidelines.
· Contribute to overarching strategy for the Mobile and Broadband Choices, spotting opportunities to expand the breadth of content and improve existing pages.
· You will support the SEO team with guest editorial blogs and content for other sites, helping to secure backlinks.
· Share reporting to other areas of the business with the editorial team’s progress and plans.
· You will identify opportunities for reactive PR and edit/write comments as applicable.
· You will stay abreast of market developments, new trends, and regulatory changes, using that knowledge as a wellspring for content opportunities and inform strategy.
· You will maintain the existing bank of content and write new content across Compare My Mobile, Broadband Choices and Sell My Mobile to ring-fence search-engine positions.
· You will produce eye-catching sales copy for commercial site elements and partners.
· Perform basic analytics as a matter of course to understand and communicate the impact of content delivered.
· Help solve problems with CMS and identify areas for systemic improvement.
· You will help build a profile in the business by representing the content team at meetings and communicating progress to the wider business.
I am looking for someone with an eye for detail and the ability to communicate key messages relevant to the audience in a clear, engaging, and accessible way - and is consistent in terms of tone of voice, style, and key messaging. You’ll sometimes have to write under pressure to deliver crisp and top-ranking content that drives engagement to tight deadlines. We need someone that is organised as you’ll be managing projects and collaborating with lots of different stakeholders.
The key skills and experience we are looking for are:
· Excellent writing and sub-editing skills that really make copy sing.
· Working knowledge of SEO best practices. Able to write copy that meets SEO keyword requirements without sounding robotic or contrived.
· Proficient in creating best-practice guides to standardise and improve editorial, CMS and PPC processes.
· Knowledge of analytics and how it can be used to guide and inform content.
· Experience with using a CMS (Umbraco experience is preferred but any is fine).
· Market knowledge of the communications sector (broadband, mobile phones) with a willingness to build knowledge of the energy market to create helpful, expert content that maintains authority as a primary source of helpful advice for consumers.
Please contact me if you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org
*Due to the high volume of responses, if you have not received an email in 48 hours please take it that you have unfortunately not been successful.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.