- Remote / London Stratford (must be UK based)
- Job Terms:
- Gross £539.48 per day (Umbrella ONLY)
- Start date:
- Sept / Oct 2021
- Posted By:
- Shivika Upadhyay
- 4-month contract (w/scope to roll on long term)
The role will be worked remotely until further notice, with onsite working in the London Stratford offices (Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, East London) when offices reopen.
Working hours are from 8.45am - 5pm (or equivalent) with 45 minutes for lunch.
This role is inside of IR35 and you'll be provided with a list of Umbrella companies to make a selection from.
This role is for a Creative Technologist who will work in a newly formed Rapid Digital prototyping team (3 designers and 2 engineers).
This team will take user centred concepts and ideas, bring them to life and iteratively test them with customers. Digital Prototyping will quickly validate the chosen direction, close the gap between innovation and delivery, focus on customer value creation and be flexible to pivot throughout the process as needed.
The ideal candidate is a Software Engineer with Full-Stack development background.
He/she is expected to embrace Lean/Agile practices and test-driven development across the full stack of technologies. The candidate is expected to work closely with the team to develop the back end and front-end of the proto-type User Interfaces for various innovation ideas.
What you'll do:
- Deliver application software using the cloud-based architecture across full stack of technologies utilized by rapid proto-typing team
- Consult with the hypothesis owner to identify a deliverable minimal viable product and decompose the feature set into small, defined user stories
- Lead and Pair with other team members to deliver user stories
- Solve highly complex technical problems using industry best practices
- Use the test-driven development methodology to realize the technical solution
- Interfacing with Architects and Security Controls Champion where applicable to ensure that the solution is aligned with Corporate Standards & Policies
- Manage a reusable technical sandbox environment to allow fast start prototyping
- 5+ years of work experience with cloud based full stack web development including: Java and Kotlin web development (heavy emphasis)
- Spring Boot Framework development
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Azure Cloud and/or IaaS concepts
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Extreme Agile Methodologies.
- Experience in working in an Agile team, alongside other technical experts, PM's, UI/UX Designers and business stakeholders
- Proven experience of developing software applications
- GitHub version control
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills to build close project team relationships
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in new and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of our Corporate Technology Processes (e.g. Technology Management Council, Architecture Advisory Council)
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies and techniques (Paired Programming, Scrum, Agile)
- Experience with front end frame-works, e.g. React, Vue
- Capability in CI/CD tools and pipelines such as Jenkins/Maven/Gradle etc
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Please can you apply with your CV for consideration. Next steps will be shared with shortlisted candidates asap!
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently receiving a large number of applications for job roles, so please ensure sure your skills are relevant before applying. Bear with us, as going through applications will take longer than usual. We are unable to reply to unsuccessful candidates due to the overwhelming volume. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.