- London - Hybrid Working
- Job Terms:
- £64,000 per annum
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Nikita Vyas
- 12 Months
Our top 3 global social media client's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Legal Operations ‘Process and Tooling’ pillar seeks a Legal Operations Associate to support the EMEA region. This role will service a variety of stakeholders throughout the region, and support/partner the London-based OC Management and Legal Ops resource.
This is a full-time position covering core London business hours, based in the UK. Flexibility required to liaise with California-based teams.
- Primary point of contact (internally and externally) for operational work in the EMEA region e.g. billing, matter management and other legal applications
- Efficiently produce reports or data sets for EMEA stakeholders (on an ad hoc and scheduled basis) to support senior leaders, department initiatives and field based operations
- Deal with day-to-day enquiries within the EMEA region to ensure excellent service levels and the momentum of key processes (e.g. matter opening, invoice enquiries, secondment requests etc.)
- Research and resolve enquiries/issues with vendor billing, vendor management and internal invoicing issues in a timely manner
- Liaise with key US-based teams (e.g. Contracts, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal Operations team ) to ensure timely response to stakeholder enquiries
- Identify opportunities to improve reporting and analytics processes and work with various stakeholders to implement changes.
- Represent EMEA region perspective, contribute to process design efforts, special projects and continuous improvement initiatives to positively impact the Legal team and its clients.
- Manage process documentation and provide ongoing support for implemented processes.
- Act as local gatekeeper to regional Legal Operations templates and materials (e.g. RfP templates)
- Apply solid task management, time management and organisation skills to ensure the best possible service to our internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in Business, Finance, or Data management)
- 3+ years experience at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience supporting legal operations technology, specifically any e-billing system
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft and Google business applications
- Experience communicating (written and oral) across different teams in an organization
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships within Legal and cross-functionally, across multiple geographies
- Self-starter, able to ruthlessly prioritize their work and clearly communicate intention
- Capability to work in a high pressure, globally focussed environment with many competing priorities
- Ability to take accountability for pursuing the closure of tasks/enquiries in a timely manner
- 5+ years working at a law firm or in-house legal department
- Accounting/Finance background or law firm billing experience
- Experience with contracts and document management systems
- Experience working with Legal teams in a fast-paced, large, complex, non-hierarchical environment
- Demonstrated training and auditing skills
- Competence in European languages (especially German)
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
We want to make a world of difference, so it matters to us that we hire differently. Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity and is proudly an equal opportunities employer.