- Vancouver CA, Remote to start
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Stephen Charles-Kendall
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Hard Surface Artist with experience in managing External Partners. In this position, you will work on AAA console titles with a team of highly experienced artists to model and texture vehicles, weapons and robots from supplied concept art. High quality modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills are required. You will also be expected to partner with the Lead to help re-enforce our quality bar and guide external teams of Artists to bring the Lead’s vision to reality.
In this position, you will be expected to partner with the Lead(s) to help re-enforce the quality bar for the project and lead talented external teams of Artists to bring the lead’s vision to reality. We are looking for an individual that has demonstrated content creation skills in one or more disciplines. You may also be called upon to contribute to technical best practices for the development of our tools, pipelines and systems.
3+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent.
•Experience in working with external teams.
• Good awareness of real time graphics issues.
• Strong aptitude in hard surface modeling.
• Strong understanding of optimized meshes to maximize the high to low poly workflow.
• Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated and work well in a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in 2D and 3D applications like Maya, 3D Max, Mudbox, Zbrush, Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Substance Painter is a must.
• Fusion 360 experience is a plus.
• Unreal Engine or other games engine experience a plus.
• Familiarity with managing projects using project management tools (I.e. Jira, Confluence, Excel, etc.)
Portfolio is required.
Degrees or certifications required:
Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.