- Downtown San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Friant
We are partnering with a leading apparel retailer in San Francisco looking to bring on a dedicated print production artist to support catalog, packaging, in-store signage, etc.
This is an on-going project, 40 hours a week, where you'll be needed to go onsite in downtown San Francisco once safe to do so for big launches but can work from home. This includes working on high-volume, fast-paced projects, some physical labor such as printing large scale assets, mounting, etc
ABOUT THE ROLE
The brand creative team is looking for an experienced print production artist to hire as soon as possible. The print production artist will support the brand creative team across a range of projects, including in-store signage, catalog, direct mail, packaging and labeling.
• Retail Windows & In-store Signage: Take approved design files and resize/scale into various size specs required across the fleet. Prepare and release mechanicals to pre-press team. Keep design templates up to date for brand creative designers. Assist with physical installations of marketing into the mock store when required, which may include plotting large format graphics, trimming, and mounting.
• Catalog & Direct Mail: Place images into InDesign page spreads. Resize, adjust linked files and place copy as instructed. Act as liaison to the pre-press team to ensure that all files are pre-flighted to print specs. Work cross functionally with the marketing team to revise files in the early rounds of reviews. Upon approval of print catalog, make required adjustments and export digital version.
• On-garment Packaging and Labeling + POP Packaging: Assist with creation of seasonal packaging and labeling mechanicals for accessories, hangtags and on-garment labels. Also support in the creation of POP (point of purchase) packaging mechanicals into size specs as directed. Adjust dielines, insert French translation copy into designs, as well as liaise with packaging vendor and production manager to ensure all artwork is set to correct specs from multiple sampling rounds through final artwork.
• Meticulous eye for detail; ability to follow graphic and typography standards
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including basic image retouching skills and ability to generate print-ready mechanicals
• Communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and time manage to meet concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Collaboration skills: partner with cross functional business partners to achieve objectives
• Constant drive to gain additional knowledge and improve skill set
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design preferred.
• 4+ years professional work experience in print production (catalog and packaging experience a plus)
• Portfolio that demonstrates production and graphic design skills