- Job Terms:
- £43k base salary(OTE of up to £85k)
- Start date:
- November 2021
- Posted By:
- Kelsey Hoare
I am currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager(Public Sector) for my client in the tech space. This is a permanent position with a base salary of up to £43k on offer base, £90k OTE.
My client's goal is to connect people with the places they live, work or play to accelerate positive change. They do this because communities that host inclusive conversations also create trusted collaborations, which improve the quality of life and fabric of their neighbourhood.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with public bodies to ensure we are the known name for digital engagement
- Achieve new business target within each customer account by creating, documenting and following through on customer’s needs (short and long term)
- Leverage cross-team relationships (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success/Support and Product teams) to identify and solve customer problems and achieve objectives.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions with Customer Success according to customer needs and objectives
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Assist with customer requests or issue escalations as needed
- Report weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to identify opportunities for new business, how we can support our customer’s needs and agree on service delivery
- Understanding of public sector and local government in the North or South of England, from both a market and a basic political point of view
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Ability to listen to understand customer needs
- Strong communication skills via phone, email and remote video presentation
Experience & Qualifications include:
- Considerable business development experience, with a history of exceeding targets
- Lifecycle sales experience of consultative selling into decision makers
- CRM experience (ideally HubSpot) for communication and ongoing relationship management
- SaaS experience is a bonus
Attitudes & Behaviours:
- A passion for making customers happy
- Treating failure as an opportunity and challenging the status quo
- Like learning and adapting to a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
- Focus on building long term, quality relationships
- Positive and constructive approach to problem solving
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a fast growing start-up
- Plans for success
If you would like more information, please feel free to email me - firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Currently, are receiving a huge amount of applications for job roles, so please make sure your skills are relevant before applying. Bear with us, as going through applications will take longer than usual. We are unable to reply to unsuccessful candidates due to the overwhelming volume. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.
This client is an online community engagement platform. They help you to engage with more community members, collect their ideas and make better places.