- Osterley/Chilworth dependent on Team
- Job Terms:
- £167 per day(PAYE Inside IR35)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shivika Upadhyay
- 12 months
The purpose of the Platform Control Operational Lead is to provide on-site operational management of client’s broadcast platforms and provide Incident Management on all Major Platform Incidents and High Profile Incidents.
With a good knowledge of our broadcast infrastructure and a understanding of established operational processes the Operational Lead has the confidence to act decisively in the interests of customer experience and our user community, provide first line fix, escalate the incident and carry out incident management activities.
They will provide effective first line support to operational teams at both sites when incidents occur, ensuring that cause and impact are followed up in the first instance and accurately documented to allow any required further follow up.
They are able to prioritise and escalate major incidents based on potential customer and/or brand impact.
The Operational Lead will support the Platform Control Team Managers through ensuring established operational processes and procedures are adhered to and that open incidents are resolved in a timely fashion by following the ITIL incident management workflow.
They will proactively manage the up keep of Platform Control documentation and effectively support the Development Team and Service Integration deliver new services and platforms into the department.
Overview of Department
Broadcast Platforms is responsible for providing first line support for theClient’s Broadcast platforms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Platform Control optimises the customer experience by managing faults and quickly restoring service in line with the company’s commitment to provide ‘content worth paying for’.
• Maintain Operational knowledge of all Platform Control functions
• Incident Management on all Platform related MPI and HPIs
• Support the Operational Teams at both Sites by Validating and Prioritising Incidents
• Robustly Drive the Resolution of P1 & P2 Incidents
• Proactively manage open incidents in order to minimize customer impact
• Deliver Senior Management, Stakeholder & User Communications that Inform and Reassure
• Prepare and publish high quality Daily, Incident and Ad Hoc Reports & Metrics
• Maintain logging standards of wider team
• Review and improve PCC process and documentation
• Support the Development Team in delivering change and Operational Readiness activities
• Support the Team Manager in their development of the operational team by providing timely & balanced feedback
• Develop and maintain effective working relationship with business owners & stakeholders
Basic Terms and Conditions
Hours 24x7 Shift –based Pattern
Travel Occasional travel to alternate Platform Control Centre will be required.
Notice period 3 months
Others Full details of terms and conditions are issued at time of offer.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.