- Job Terms:
- £115k plus bonuses
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shana Hector
- 12 months FTC
Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Global Facilities Operations Support (GFOS) Retrofits team is a global HQ based team that supports our data centers by providing global and site-specific designs for retrofits (brownfield projects). The ideal candidate for this role will need to be experienced in infrastructure project management of multidisciplinary projects in an operational critical facilities environment.
Retrofit Program: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) or controls project impacting 2 or more of Facebooks operational data centers.
Retrofit Project: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing (MEP) or controls project impacting a specific Facebook operational data center.
• Support Retrofit Program Managers (RPMs) with global retrofit program design management activities:
o Development of RFQs / RFPs for design activities (Follow FB RFP template, Specifications list, Deliverables lists, Coordinate Review with Consultants / Answer RFIs)
o Coordination with data centers for obtaining relevant as-built documentation (drawings / submittals etc.)
o Initiate the purchase order workflow for design consultants after award
o Coordination of Design package development and reviews (Organize meetings, Tracking Comments and Adjudication, Tracking RFIs, Site specific CD design reviews – chair (help lighten load from RPM in execution), expediting resolution with Engineer of Record)
o Organization and chairing of regular program update meetings
o Take part in field walks/visits during detail design and construction design to validate site conditions and coordinate Engineer of Record job walks.
o Provide input to schedulers for program design updates
• Manage single disciplinary or lower complexity projects and programs with little to no oversight from an RPM.
• Support RPMs with design activities required as part of the Facebook data center end of life and obsolescence programs
o Managing development of simple design packages for parts replacement (minor piping modification details for valve replacement for example)
• Reporting Function
o Produce monthly program update reports
o Assist RPMs with producing, publishing and development of training material for new internal retrofit design management standards and guidelines.
• B.A. / B.S. degree in a technical/engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, Architecture or equivalent)
• 5+ years experience as project engineer/ project manager for multidisciplinary retrofit project designs
• 8+ years experience working in a critical industry project/engineering/maintenance function
• Proven stakeholder management experience - including managing multiple cross-functional partners simultaneously.
• Proven track record managing projects throughout their lifecycle in an owner/operator capacity: front end development, design management, business case development, execution planning and construction administration)
• Experience developing retrofit project designs for industrial critical facility environment (Data Center, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Etc...)
• Familiar with MEP and Control systems used in critical facility applications
• Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
• Familiar with AutoCAD and/or Revit (in the context of design reviews)
• Experience being part of an owner/operator project delivery organizations or experience supporting owner/operator retrofit portfolios as an owner’s representative
• Experienced with front end engineering and design activities: project definition, option analysis, option selection based on project specific value drivers
• Strong technical background, proven track record within an engineering discipline prior to moving into a project manager / project engineer function
• PMP or other relevant qualification
• Experienced with BlueBeam Revu, BIM 360 Docs, and ProCore.
Story Behind the Need – Business Group & Key Projects:
Our team managed change in the DC (aka a retrofit) for example a something new to be installed, like loading docks. The retrofit is a change that they try and take a proposal, design it and roll it out across the other data centers. The aim is to keep consistency.
The team it made up of 3 Project Managers and 3 R Project Engineers:
• Project Management
• Checking in on projects and programme they are managing
• Ensuring the business-critical projects are on track
• Following internal procedures and working with cross functional teams to ensure the retrofit projects are visible in the correct tools and progressed
• Ensuring the projects are well communicated
• There is an aspect of improving guidelines/ process. Identifying gaps and working to implement solutions
• Implementing change
• Managing design consultant relationships – you go out to architects etc ensuring they are on track and that the work is reviewed and given the okay
What's in it for you?
Gaining strong exposure to our Data Centers (some of the largest in the world) in a global team
Degree in technical or engineer position, strong stakeholder management and experience managing retrofit projects
5 + experience as a PM or Project Engineer, able to take ownership of projects across the full lifecycle
8 + years working within engineering or critical industries (data centers, oil and gas of pharmaceuticals)
1 Data Center experience
2 PM certification
3 Working with design consultants, MS project
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.