- Job Terms:
- £398.73 per day(PAYE Inside IR35)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shivika Upadhyay
- 6 months
As a Data Scientist in Workplace, you will shape the future of business-facing products we build. You will work on a "zero-to-one" business products and help make them reliable, consistent, and safe. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and others. You will use data and analysis to identify and solve product development’s biggest challenges. You will influence product strategy and investment decisions with data, be focused on impact, and collaborate with other teams.
Product Data Scientist covers three areas:
Product leadership: You will use data to shape product development, quantify new opportunities, identify upcoming challenges, and ensure the products we build bring value to businesses
Analytics: You will guide teams using data and insights. You will focus on developing hypotheses and employ a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, different methodologies, frameworks, and technical approaches to test them.
Communication and influence: You won’t simply present data but tell data-driven stories. You will convince and influence your partners using clear insights and recommendations. You will build credibility through structure and clarity, and be a trusted strategic partner.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our products that serve billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses.
- Identify and measure success of product efforts through goal setting, forecasting, and monitoring of key product metrics to understand trends.
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to improve the product, and drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS)
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in analytics (minimum of 1 year with a Ph.D.)
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R) is a plus
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.