- London (Remote)
- Job Terms:
- £75,000 per annum
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Nikita Vyas
- 12 Months
Our top 3 global social media client is looking for an analytical thinker with experience in policy, law, human rights, government, business, or risk management for our Content Policy team in UK.
The team’s mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people on the platform and its family of applications. This person will be responsible for regulatory compliance policy development, with a focus on APAC advertising regulation.
Candidates must be able to apply complex, evolving frameworks to new and developing regulatory compliance issues and make difficult decisions under pressure. You will provide policy counsel to local public policy teams and leadership working to address regulatory takedown challenges. You will be responsible for helping develop and refine our regulatory compliance policies, and managing escalations from those policies -- including by coordinating cross-functional responses to content decisions that take into consideration local regulatory compliance and international human rights obligations, and weigh up risk in order to provide effective policy advice to leadership. Candidates must be able to work at pace to make difficult decisions under pressure, use critical thinking skills, have strong written communications, and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills to organize and build relationships with teams across the company. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
- Do a gap analysis of our policies and self regulation codes where the two conflict and carry out a due diligence assessment to determine compliance options
- Help articulate the platform’s position on commercial content policies and enforcement to EASA and other regulators.
- Bring feedback from advertising and trade associations back into the Content Policy team, GBG and in-market policy teams
- Act as an escalation point of contact for Public Policy in APAC.
- Analyse and share data from the Consumer Policy Channel with relevant Content Policy teams to help inform policy making
- Work with Public Policy to understand self-regulatory advertising bodies in local markets, helping to activate the partnership/strengthen existing relationships.
- Monitor the global environment for opportunities to engage with self-regulatory bodies on new codes eg: International Chamber of Commerce Advertising and Marketing Code or International Council for Ad Self Regulation.
- Manage internal communications around policy decisions relating to RCP Commercial compliance policies.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public Policy, Human Rights Policy, Operations, Business Product Policy, The Company Business Group and Legal.
- Help develop and refine principles and policies related to regulatory compliance with takedown requests. Special focus on compliance policies and regulatory escalations from the APAC region.]
- Produce and present internal communications for senior leadership to inform them of ongoing situations, and provide recommendations and decision support.
- Work with the platform's Public Policy team, as well as external stakeholders, to monitor the global environment for issues that affect RCP.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in policy, law, human rights, government, business, or risk management with an emphasis on platforms and technology
- Experience with Internet/social media content issues
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and consensus-building
- Understanding of Meta products and principles
Our Client is the largest social media company in the world. They have substantial B2B and B2C advertising and media platforms, as well as a nonprofit initiative. With the mission of bringing people together, they now boast over 2 billion users, and are rapidly developing as they influence the world around us.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.