- Job Terms:
- £232 per day(PAYE Inside IR35)
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shivika Upadhyay
- 12 months
As a writer on the Android UX writing team, you'll be responsible for writing and refining a wide array of text that will appear throughout the Android experience. This includes UI messages, onboarding flows, notifications, and error messages.
Who you are: You are a stellar writer with a portfolio of user-facing content that's crisp, concise, accessible, and friendly. You use empathy, reason, and data to inform your content choices. You pursue a deep understanding of your products.
- Write clear and concise user-interface text for Android products, and act as a subject matter expert for user experience writing.
- Work collaboratively and closely with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to define requirements; balance design and business objectives with a strong focus on the user.
- Develop concepts for early-stage products, and provide data-informed insights to improve existing experiences.
- Follow client's wide style as well as any product-specific style guides.
- Recommend and implement new strategies for communicating product-related information to our users.
- Develop, document, and maintain writing guidelines for internal stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of a degree, 4 years of additional relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in UX writing, technical writing, user help, copywriting, or journalism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working collaboratively with designers, engineers, and product managers as part of the software development process. Experience creating and maintaining style guides.
- Ability to work independently and proactively communicate with cross-functional stakeholders. Sharp attention to detail.
- Experience writing for mobile and UI.
- Understanding of UX design principles.
- Experience creating content for a global audience with a good understanding of localisation and accessibility best practices.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of online technology and related technology and products.
- Experience collaborating closely with UX researchers and applying study findings to content to improve usability.
Our Client is a multinational technology company, specialising in Internet-related services and products; including online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. The atmosphere is relaxed with a diverse and innovative culture. Opportunities for growth and progression and networking with like-minded people across the business and beyond.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.