Our client, a digitally focused creative agency, is looking to hire an inspired Art Director to join their fast-paced, energetic team. This person will be responsible for the implementation, visual identity, and execution of all projects within the agency. Potential permanent conversion.
This is a hands on position without people management. We are looking for someone who has a creative design background but has also worked with digital media. Past creative agency or similar environment is a must. Our client is a 5 year old startup but with the security of a $10B parent company.
- Brainstorm conceptual directions, both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Translate words and ideas into high caliber conceptual designs that engage, enlighten and inspire the end user, maintaining campaign and brand continuity and interactive usability
- Develop a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social media efforts, digital activations, and printed materials for agency clients.
- In addition, create assets for prospective client presentations, in-house communications, and anything else our clients or new business needs demand
- Direct all phases of creative work from concept through production – working with various departments and contractors to ensure that concepts are executed appropriately in all mediums
- Conceive and create experience-oriented design solutions that fulfill strategic business objective
- Collaborate with digital account managers and social media director to revise work and refine concepts
- Lead group reviews of creative work, adding perspective and taking direction as needed
- Lead client and internal creative review meetings, professionally and passionately presenting the department’s work, persuasively explaining design rationale to non-designers, collecting and absorbing feedback and offering solutions in real time
- Keep current on advertising campaigns, design trends, and industry technology, sharing findings with the department to facilitate new ways of thinking, working, and problem solving.
- Proficient to expert knowledge of digital media and print production processes
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) is a MUST
- Proficiency with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, HTML and other digital publishing tools is a MUST
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and to meet deadlines on a daily basis in a team-oriented environment. Actively report progress to account managers to keep them informed.
- Minimum 4+ years in creative agency setting
- Experience or knowledge of video production helps but is not required