Our SF-based Fintech client is looking for a talented freelance art director to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will be have a strong brew of competitive technical skills and hand-on experience, knowledge and education, and be able to both manage, execute and deliver high quality creative materials on time. You ideally have experience working with a variety of mediums, including print, social media content, digital advertising, and video and TV. This role is approximately 80% individual contributor and 20% oversight of other more junior designers.
A MUST: 360 campaign/broadcast/social video experience. This experience has to be on your portfolio as well.
- Partner with copywriter to develop campaigns from conception to execution on a wide variety of new and existing products.
- Lead the design and creation social media ads and digital advertising with minimal oversight.
- Develop photoshoot concepts and shot lists that continue to elevate our brand. Work closely with photographers from pre to post production.
- Concept, execute and deliver high-quality broadcast and print, as well as experiential, environmental, and digital design.
- Evaluate marketing and campaign strategies.
- Work with team leaders to ensure each project, in accordance with briefing, are clearly outlined.
- Adhere to internal processes, budgets, and timelines for each project
- Come up with creative thinking during brainstorming sessions, creative reviews, and project kick-off meetings.
- Guide, influence, and motivate others with thought-provoking ideas and recommendations.
- Assist ACDs in oversight of the creative work and help to promote an inspiring atmosphere to achieve the best work possible.
- 7+ years of art direction and graphic design experience, preferably with a mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Experience identifying and managing external vendors and timelines.
- Strong collaboration skills in working with diverse teams and across all levels.
- Team Player: You must be able to manage and work with various team of artists
- Flexibility: You should be able to manage your workflow for multiple projects and deadlines
- Fast thinker: You must be able to think fast, particularly during critical or stressful times
- You must have the ability to work independently, and should be a self-starter, as well as with your team
- Excellent proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and G-Suite mandatory. Video and motion graphic skills a plus.
- Great with Adobe Creative Suite and G-Suite
- Great communication, negotiations, and presentations skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent skills in creating unlimited concepts
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess in-depth knowledge and experience in developing and creating campaigns
- Ability to make use of market research and internal analytics to influence strategic marketing and advertising
- Demonstrated ability to take projects from initial stage to delivery of final product
- Extreme attention to details plus the ability to communicate clearly and briefly
- Smart, self motivated, articulate, diplomatic, approachable, confident, passionate, curious and fun.
- Ability to be current with the latest trends of visual influencers across the entertainment and tech industries
- A minimum bachelor’s degree together with at least 5+ years of experience required