Aquent's Client is seeking a contract content developer to author and edit employee-facing worldwide content, including: policies, frequently asked questions and answers (FAQs), guides, and standard operating processes (SOPs).
The Employee Experience team owns the HR self-service strategy and ensures a consistent global user experience for all employees. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We help to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive tools with personalized content that can be accessed anywhere, by any device. Our goal is to empower employees to find answers to their questions, with additional support from the Employee Resource Center (ERC) to answer specialized questions through a variety of contact channels designed to meet the preferences of our employees. We use a variety of data sources to better understand customer needs and partner with global shared service teams to develop self-service solutions that leverage digital technologies (e.g., social, mobile, cloud, and analytics) to help HR create a world-class experience for employees.
You will be responsible for authoring content specific to HR, and working with local subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed. Your focus will be on using our style guide to create unparalleled global English content that is ready for localization to an international audience. You must be able to work across numerous business models and create certainty out of ambiguity.
In collaboration with our stakeholders and subject matter experts, you will determine the type of content needed and build content by:
• Researching and curating information according to employee needs under the guidance of the regional Content Strategists.
• Engaging with stakeholders to understand their goals under the guidance of the regional Content Strategists.
• Authoring personalized/relevant content from scratch when required, and ensuring consistency of voice and maintaining communication quality across multiple content types and platforms. All content created should flow well, read well, be well organized and accurate in terms of language.
• Evolving content by eliminating anything outdated, ensuring that content on all platforms is consistent, adds value to employees, answers their questions, and either provides a true self-service path or an escalation path that’s current if no self-service is possible.
• Ensuring that all content created maps to the tenets of the content team. A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, and be a versatile resource flexible to work on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines.
• Fluent in English writing with excellent reading/comprehension skills
• 3-4 years of professional content development experience
• Clear, concise writing style with attention to detail
• Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and/or other style guides
• Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business processes
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment
• Strong editorial background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing and ensuring adherence to technical style guides
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Work experience in a global team environment
• Experience with localization/translation process
• Demonstrated experience using a content management system (CMS), such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Sitecore, Drupal, Alfresco, OpenText, etc.
• Experience in a multi-language publishing environment, including globalization for translation, terminology databases and management, and other world-ready approaches
• Experience writing and editing with HTML/HTML5
• Background in Technical Writing