The on-site Community Manager at a Fortune 500 multi-national technology company in SF will assess the needs, goals and interests of our youth. The Community Manager will collaborate and work along with schools, community organizations, parents, and a network of advisors, tutors, coaches and mentors, to put students on a path that leads them to become a tech leader. The Community Manager serves as a role model, coach, and ambassador for students to accomplish their goals.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Create a community by connecting with local non-profits, schools, and other tech companies in the community.
- Connect with teams and create a processes for the programs.
- Serve as the face of new project in the local community.
- Manage and lead the Oakland lab operations, including leading a team of coaches, head coach, site coordinator, and volunteers.
- Act as a liaison between staff and project team Program Lead.
- Work directly with students, teachers, and parents to ensure that they are following our road map to success; identify areas of academic strength, leadership skills, program interest, and motivation and weakness of students to help them complete program successfully.
- Follow up on student progress regularly, (e.g., monitoring academic success, create and review progress reports/project completion, assess extracurricular projects, etc.)
- Create a path for students to develop their technical skills academically and practically through self-paced, hands-on learning and project work.
- Managing and coordinating program events.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Education, Social Work, Psychology, or related field
- Minimum 3 years management experience and/or academic advising experience preferred and a passion for working with underserved populations
- Have a solid understanding of the tech industry and/or have a connection to maker/developer communities
- Culturally competent to balance roles of coach, counselor, and advocate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience or interest in helping students transition into colleges and universities