Serving as primary copywriting, editing, and proofing backup support on a large aviation account at Aquent Studios, you may also support other Studios’ clients as needed. Much of the work will be focused on copy editing (and some proofing), but there will be opportuntiies to get creative in creating new copy. This role promises a great deal of variety in brands as well as types and complexities of projects. It requires the ability to change gears quickly. Projects cover digital and print, and even include some video-based copy. The aviation-focused work, which makes up the largest part of the weekly workload in this role, will include advertising copy, merchandising copy and internal communications.
This role is best suited to a freelancer or someone comfortable with part-time work, as hours will fluctuate week to week.
- Write clear, concise and strategic copy for multiple channels
- Write customer-centric copy that uses the appropriate voice for a particular customer
- Edit and proof content to ensure appropriate messaging of text to meet brand and product requirements.
- Manage style guides and brand identity management tools for integration of brands across all marketing media (signing, ads, collateral, direct mail, web, etc.)
- Utilize workflow process and technology (both client and Aquent’s) to ensure successful transition and quality delivery of workflow processes and technology on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate obstacles, and improvement opportunities within workflow processes.
- Contribute to efforts to improve work processes.
- Collaborate with the entire creative services team, including a team of designers, to offer content solutions that increase ROI on creative
- Proficient in requisite desktop applications (Word, InDesign, Acrobat) in order to develop copy and content to be utilized in concepts and design deliverables
- BA in Communications, Advertising, or related field (or 7 years’ equivalent working experience)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in corporate copywriting role, managing projects from creative brief to production.
- Critical thinker, able to change mindset quickly and be flexible in responding to challenges
- Significant knowledge of marketing and design principles
- Has excelled in a corporate Creative Services or Marketing Communication matrix environment.
- Portfolio contains samples of print and digital content for ads, direct mail, brochures, newsletters, catalogues, etc., written according to brand style guidelines.
- Excellent command of the English language including use of metaphors, spelling, grammar, syntax, etc