Our client, a nonprofit organization in Point Loma, seeks a full-time, temp-to-hire Digital Marketing Manager with 5+ years of experience to provide overall marketing support support it and its affiliate organizations via digital technology (Web, Social, Email, Blog, Mobile). This person will be very tech-savvy and hands-on with platforms including CMS (specifically Wordpress), social media platforms (such as Sprout Social, etc.), email automation platforms (such as Mailchimp), reporting tools (specificlaly Google Analytics), and working proficiency in frontend coding languages (specifically HTML and CSS).
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) develops, executes, manages and evaluates marketing plan through digital channels such as Web, Social, Email, Blog and Mobile. The DMM works directly with the Vice President, Chief Communications Officer and the entire department to provide digital marketing support to all departments and affiliate organizations.
Essential duties and principal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Evolve and execute the vision and strategy for Communication plans by managing digital platforms to develop and execute on web/social/email/blog/mobile strategy
• Align with organizational priorities and participate in setting strategic plans for digital marketing
• Day-to-day development, implementation, optimization and reporting of online marketing metrics and initiatives to build brand equity, create brand awareness, increase online engagement and drive web leads and online donations
• Oversee digital marketing and content strategy, including web development, SEO, email, blog, social, newsletters, video, display, Paid Search & PPC, mobile (including iOS and Android apps), etc. Focus on SEO, including tag management, for all online initiatives. Oversee paid marketing campaigns on Google and social channels
• Develop and analyze digital presence. Investigate social media platforms for to evolve and grow digital footprint
• Develop and execute a blog content marketing strategy that includes multiple internal content contributors every month across departments. Continually optimize the blog for user experience and newsletter subscriptions. Deliver customer-centric, rich digital brand experiences
• Manage the creative process from concept to launch of digital campaigns, including the ability to design and resize visual assets when needed
• Generate online content, including copy writing and visual asset development
• Assist in managing graphic and image library
• Manage website, including navigation strategy, content and visual assets. Manage the redesign of website with responsive technology. Improve usability, design, content and conversion of website
• Devise strategies to improve online traffic to website, including blog management, paid and organic campaigns, referral sources and email strategies
• Oversee the development of social media engagement and lead generation campaigns and the use of social monitoring and online community platforms. Leverage to drive awareness, engagement and leads
• Ensure that relevant social profiles are claimed, optimized, promoted and managed.
• Review existing and, as needed, develop new social media guidelines to encourage employee social media advocates.Work with employees that attend events to share content on social media through accounts. Lead a monthly, internal social media advocacy meeting. Live-tweet important events. Develop hashtags for social media campaigns and measure engagement. Manage Facebook Live video broadcasts.
• Manage creation of online marketing materials and collateral, including e-blasts, e-newsletters, blogs, research studies, annual reports, investment reports, presentations and webinars
• Manage MailChimp online database and email marketing strategy.
• Manage, update and export Blackbaud/Razor’s Edge (RE) constituents, queries and reports to develop targeted communication lists
• Manage web analytics for website. Analyze campaign performance and ROI using tools like Google Analytics. Tie back analytics insights to real-time quick fixes and solutions for on-going campaigns and initiatives
• Identify how digital initiatives tie back to and support Communication goals and KPIs
• Ensure the digital and mobile strategies align with the integrated marketing communications of, affiliates, departments and initiatives
• Produce a monthly metrics report to evaluate web, social, email, blog and other online initiatives
• Monitor and oversee staff and external adherence to communication standards
• Delegate digital production and content such as webinars, as appropriate, to staff outside the department which requires training and oversight by DMM
• Work closely with the Communications Division team and the Graphic/Production Artist. Develop strong working relationships with other internal and external stakeholders
• Produce projects on message, on time/in real-time, and on budget
• Ensure that marketing programs are consistent with brand guidelines and brand integrity is not compromised
• Work with key partners to develop, maintain and grow our online communities
• Monitor emerging industry trends to stay up-to-date on evolving digital marketing opportunities. Review new technologies and keep at the forefront of developments in digital marketing
• Evaluate customer research, market conditions and competitor data
• Team player who is willing to mentor and support the production/graphic artist as needed
• Other duties as assigned