Digital Production Manager - New Role
We are looking for a Content Producer to sit at the center of projects with production components. The person in this role will be the point of contact for clients, internal team members, vendors and contractors (as needed). The Digital Production Manager will have intimate working knowledge of photography, videography, securing production talent, large scale productions, negotiating project fees, creating project schedules and budgets, understanding and communicating creative visions, establishing priorities, and managing expectations.
The ideal candidate will blend their years of experience in content production with deep connections in the production industry and help us build a scalable studio model that produces high quality creative for some of the biggest brands in the world.
- Work in partnership with senior leadership from strategy, business development, creative, and production to build a scalable, efficient, and profitable content studio model.
- Help develop the end-to-end process by which content opportunities are handled from pitch to delivery including advising on technology solutions that will make us more efficient.
- Onboard, manage, and ensure profitability of $5M+ in content opportunities in 2019.
- Maintain deep relationships in film, television, and music production in order to be able to quickly activate a wide range of directors, producers, photographers, writers, talent, and locations.
- Manage content projects and all deliverables from concept through post-production.
- Work with account teams to determine content needs, finalize concepts and proposals, and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for conceptualizing, planning, developing, prioritizing, and implementing a video production schedule, including call sheets, scheduling talent and crew, finding locations, and managing budget.
- Based on approved creative treatment, write overviews and/or prepare storyboards describing the footage, graphics, music/SFX, narration, and dialogue.
- Staff the team (contract or permanent) with people of appropriate skill set.
- Create agreements for contract staff and work with Accounting on invoicing and payments.
- Provide best practice consulting and project management to business partners and executives.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously that are in different stages of production and track the unique needs of each project.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, decisive, and proactive.
Bonus Points For:
- Photography/Videography skills are a plus, as depending on the type of creative and budget, the Production Manager may be required to shoot.
- Proficiency in post-production sound editing, color correction, and appropriate selection of sound effects and background music.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and producing content for paid social ads.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of agency experience producing a variety of production shoots.
- Working knowledge of creating project schedules and dependencies.
- Experience with managing budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proof of strong organizational skills.
- Critical eye for details.
- Quick and creative thinking, hands-on, problem-solver.
- Proactive, motivational, mentoring and encouraging approach.
- Confident, knowledgeable and persuasive presentation skills.