A Fortune 100 Athletic Apparel and Footwear Company located in Beaverton, OR is looking for a Footwear Material Developer I to join their team.
This role has a tentative end date of 2/25/20 and is a great way to get your foot in the door at this AMAZING company !!
Footwear Material Developer I
The Material Developer I will support the development and management of new materials specific for footwear with an emphasis on aesthetic, performance, quality, cost and sustainability. They collaborate with the vendor, the product creation team, and other functions in order to establish seasonal material direction, attain on-time delivery and ensure product excellence for both consumers and athletes.
- Provide tools, palettes and data across multiple material types to enable effective material selection for end use and category ease of use; including technical assistance to product creation teams
- Partner with Material Design to ensure the material palette is infused with seasonal energy, while considering source base, price and performance
- Adhere to the product creation calendar to ensure seasonal materials are developed, tested and commercialized on time
- Collaborate with Material Planning & Procurement to ensure you are providing visibility to both your category and to Planning & Procurement when issues or concerns arise; collaborate on resolution
- Manage vendor communication and have good understanding of vendor capabilities. Be the primary contact for vendor as it relates to category specific issues (price, technical specs, performance). Maintain positive working relationships.
- Address risks and trouble-shoot solutions when issues or concerns arise.
- Collaborate with product creation team, innovation and sourcing to provide training and education for footwear product creation as well as best practices to enable informed decision making
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel, Textiles, Business or equivalent
- 2+ years' relevant experience, which may include footwear industry experience or experience in materials development, manufacturing or engineering
- Good understanding of various material manufacturing processes required
- Understanding of the product creation process is preferred
- Lab testing and ability to interpret results preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills and continual innovation ability
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Strong verbal/written and intercultural communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems, perform research and analyze results
- Attention to detail, active follow-through, assertiveness, self-motivation and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- PC literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. PTC/material management systems experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time