The Sr. Front End Developer is strategic, articulate and extremely organized as well as a team player who collaborates with Creative Directors, Creative Managers, Design Team, Marketers, Merchants, IT Developers and third parties. They will work within the brand and interactive style guides to produce consistently elevated experiences. The person in this position will develop custom coded pages with high-fidelity visual designs for digital customer experiences. As a Sr. Front End Developer, they will play an integral role in defining and bringing to life the user interfaces created by the user experience and design teams for both desktop and mobile web. they will stay up to date with all front end development trends and internal IT Development changes to our site and mobile experiences.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Front End development for assigned projects
- Produce clean, maintainable code artifacts and aligning within a team of developers and the conventions collectively determined
- Expert level understanding of Sketch/Invision workflows and be able to accurately translate
- Create clean well-documented code in CSS/HTML/JS with modern techniques/approaches and any new language that aligns with IT FED Team
- Have a familiarity of Bootstrap and Git
- Build staging prototypes and demo applications that address client needs
- Understanding of mobile App development a plus
- Keep a pulse on trends in the industry and identify technical innovations
- Solid understanding of user experience and interaction design across all digital platforms – how to craft an interaction that will intuitively lead a user through a flow
- Business maturity: imperative to be able to takes ownership of the project and connect and collaborate with internal business owners and third party partners to produce. Works autonomously yet connectedly
- Understands the big picture and what needs to be done to get the job accomplished against tight timelines
- Willingness to listen to constructive criticism and make changes according to feedback delivered by marketing, business owners, managers and creative directors
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team and make appropriate trade-offs to meet time constraints
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables; working quickly and error-free
- Constructively thinks rather than just executing tasks
- Be a constant advocate for the user: willing to ask questions of various stakeholders to make sure end work product meets the user's needs.
- Has a strong understanding of brand marketing and ecommerce digital style guides.
- Has a strong understanding of digital marketing campaigns and ecommerce customer experiences.