Leading Media and Entertainment Client is looking for a Front End Developer / UX Deisgner to work 1 year temporary assignment in their New York City location.
Ideal candidate should be a generalist versed in both coding and design, passionate about people and with keen interest in the media space. Candidate should be as comfortable designing a film website, as they are a mobile application, or designing a complex application software system based upon user data.
• Strong understanding and passion for front-end development. There will be a lot of coding in this position
• Experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or UX Design
• Expert knowledge of Adobe CS
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions
• Ability to generate multiple UX solutions for a given problem within technology constraints
• Proficient in wire-framing, as well as developing a clickable fully coded prototypes
• A clean sense of design aesthetics, and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication
• Experience with designing end-user, digital applications with a strong awareness of common usability methods and principles
• Ability to recognize global patterns for reuse, and structuring them accordingly to implement them anywhere with little additional code
• Understanding CSS3 features and fallbacks when necessary
• Experience using GIT as a version control system
• Ensure measurably effective user experience and interface design for suite of internal and customer facing products
• Comfortable with multiple design disciplines, including web and mobile applications, and UX for media and transactional websites
• Advocate for the customer and user-centered design throughout the organization
• Understand and distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions
• Have the ability to quickly understand the business needs of any of our distinct brands, and create compelling, effective UX designs
• Develop high level and/or detailed wireframes, mockups, clickable coded prototypes, and designs to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Assess the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
• Work collaboratively with product and development teams
• Participate in user testing and synthesis sessions
• Leverage insights like market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.