A commercial real estate services and investment firm is seeking a Graphic Designer to join their team!
- Interview: in-person
- Business Unit: New York – Property Marketing
- Reports To: Marketing Manager, Property Marketing
- Criminal Check Required
- Reason the role is open: Their current Marketing is leaving at the end of March. Their Graphic Designer will be stepping into the Marketing Manager role and they need someone to backfill the current Graphic Designer role
- Brokers work with you to design materials for NY offices.
- Basic technical skills
- Interpersonal service oriented mentality approach when you have to interact with brokers on projects that you are assigned to
- Strong communication skills! You may need to go out of your way to get in touch with broker sometimes, a lot of follow up, reviewing drafts
- Will be wearing multiple hats
- They have a general outline for projects but sometimes people ask for work within an hour or email at end of day for the next morning. Must come in with an open mindset and flexibility to cater to challenging deadlines
- “I need a flyer” = example of brief. This is why they are looking for someone who asks questions, follows up, and communicates well
- Team = Marketing Manager, mid-level graphic designer, 1 freelance graphic designer
The Graphic Designer will be a member of a robust Property Marketing team serving the business development needs of brokers in Manhattan offices. The candidate will be responsible for layout, design and production activities to produce quality graphic design artwork—both on-screen and printed material—to support retail and office property marketing efforts in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Requires a high-level of proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as, a critical eye for detail with an emphasis on accuracy, quality and sophistication.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong organizational and, project and time management skills and the enthusiasm, to contribute to the team’s goal to provide brokers with a superior end-to-end experience that adds value to their overall business efforts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create custom digital and print materials including flyers, brochures, email campaigns, offering memorandums, signage, boards, websites, infographics, maps, stacks and other various client branded materials
- Simultaneously manages various assignments such as modifying/editing photography, floor plans, site maps, renderings, graphics when needed
- Assist other team members with design creation and content edits/updates
- Assist Marketing Manager and the graphic design team with other duties when needed
- Proactively communicate with Marketing Manager on project scope and status
- Must have solid knowledge of fundamental concepts of print and web publishing, graphic design principles
- Strong project and time management skills to engage people across staff and departments to keep projects moving, and complete tasks on time
- Service-oriented and responsive; works well under deadlines; can employ exceptional time management skills to prioritize projects and get work completed
- Resourceful, proactive and solution-oriented
- Adept with software programs, specifically Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of basic HTML is preferred
- Bachelor’s in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or Multimedia is preferred with a minimum of two years related experience/training; knowledge of commercial real estate (or a related industry) is a plus