The Graphic Illustrator designs, illustrates, photographs, and collaborates with various people within Aquent Studios and the client organization to produce effective graphics. He or she provides ideas and innovations to Aquent Studios and the customer to gain a competitive advantage for both. This individual works on complex projects and special projects either alone or as part of a team. The Graphic Illustrator is able to take on any task or project with minimal supervision and complete it, requiring a high level of maturity and judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Designs graphics and publications; illustrates and photographs hardware products and hardware processes.
- Provides input and recommendations to the Client Services Manager or Project Managers regarding project improvements, process improvements, organizational strategies and direction, and new technologies and tools.
- Demonstrates advanced skills and understanding of technical communication, has knowledge in multiple areas of the technical industry, and grasps new technical information with minimal guidance.
- Strives to become an “information expert” on the product being documented and provides recommendations and ideas to the customer on presentation, structure, and organization of the materials.
- Works within highly structured processes which include partnering with Project Manager and/or Lead Technical Writer to ensure that high-quality interim and final deliveries meet client expectations and specs. Examples include file naming and directory structures, and accurate editing and resizing of software screenshots.
- Works closely with the technical writers when developing deliverables to provide files, incorporate graphics into files, and provide feedback.