Our client in the finanical services industry is seeking a Grahic Production Artist on a 8+ month contract basis. This is a production role - needs experience with charts and graphs. This role is part of the multi-channel content production team.
It is a production role that consists of:
- 50% GPA Desktopping from Excel + updating charts in Excel and/or Illustrator. Skills needed: Charting in Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, ability to round numbers.
- 30% Content updating. Pulling data from various sources and entering the information into files. Skills needed: Excel, flexible with deadline driven dates, eye for detail, excellent communicator. Training will be provided.
- 20% Production work that may include printing, shipping, filing, scanning, archiving electronic files, creating PDFs, compiling PDFs, proofing books that are compiled in PDFs. Skill needed: open attitude to pitch in wherever they are needed.
- Financial industry experience is desired, but not required.
- Ability to shift gears as priorities change and to maintain a positive attitude during intense moments are must-have skills.
- ***Need candidates with advanced PP and Excel skills. The role is not using InDesign as much as PPT. Also, samples and experience with charts and graphs. Very data driven production design role.***
Graphic Production Artist:
- Updates formatting, layout, design and content for print, PDF and presentation materials based on established templates
- May create layout and design for new materials following specified guidelines
- Updates and creates charts, graphs, templates, and exhibits to be used in communications materials, websites, and/or presentations
- May prepare and package files to send to outside printers and vendors
- May prepare presentation and notes files for use in meetings and webcasts
- May perform graphic searches on stock photo websites, stock photo CDs, and internal sources to be used in projects
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the following software: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (advanced), Microsoft Excel (intermediate; primarily charting), InDesign (CS 5.5) (advanced), Illustrator (intermediate; charting, infographics, and icons), PhotoShop (intermediate; photo retouching/manipulation).
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new applications, as needed
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible within deadline driven due dates
- Demonstrates the ability to work within established brand guidelines
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of graphic design concepts and ability to apply it to work assignments
- Requires at least 3-5 years of experience working in a creative, corporate environment
- ***Financial, Medical, Insurance, or Real Estate background required.***