Our global financial client in NYC seeks a Proofreader (onsite, 40 hrs per week) for a long term / temp to perm engagement. In this role, you will work with the creative studio to provide proofreading and editorial review of all marketing materials, ensuring accuracy and error free content.
What you’ll do:
- Review / proofread a wide range of (digital and print) marketing and other corporate and client-focused materials primarily for the Creative Studio supporting the private/ institutional bank.
- In addition to ensuring that spelling, punctuation, grammar, logic, sentence structure, and fluency of the written words are correct, the Proofreader will also ensure that all materials they produce adhere to the requirements of the Editorial Style Guide and the brand guidelines
- Performing a 3-step process of overall proofreading: cold read for sense, a line-by-line examination to catch and correct errors, and a final read to double-check the work
- Marking up pdfs with proofreading review comments that show the corrections recommended
- Comparing copy decks to layouts to ensure precision in the transfer of information
- Checking revisions for accuracy, including compliance comments.
- Working with writers, designers, project owners and product owners to finalize marketing materials in accordance with the proofreading process
- Performing quality checks to confirm accuracy of information—proper routing of links and URLs, calling phone numbers, checking facts, names, titles, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of professional proofreading experience for marketing communications
- Be able to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Solid professional communication skills
- Not afraid to ask questions and comfortable working directly with Writers
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Bachelor Degree
- Financial industry experience a plus, but not required