Our client is looking for a Mid-Level Content Strategist w/3-7 years experience. This is an onsite 12-months onsite assignment with benefits - Medical Dental & 401k. Potential extend or convert to full time.
The content strategist (CS) is responsible for delivering innovative yet pragmatic content design and planning that supports the business requirements, research, and audience insights. This role collaborates with and informs the work of internal teams, including copywriters, designers, account managers and others. Deliverables vary but can include a content plan, task/gap analysis, content audit, KPI/metrics criteria definition, SEO mapping and alignment, content mapping and outlines, client presentations, and support for prototype development and usability testing.
As part of the UX team, the CS is one of the primary advocates for the user’s need to rapidly find, comprehend, and act on the content we provide. The CS is most involved at the outset of a project but also plays a consultative role throughout the life of the project, validating the execution of the plan to optimize existing or new content.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of content strategy, allowing them to determine which deliverables within a given project are required to achieve a successful outcome.
- Work experience and samples that show evidence of strategic thinking and storytelling.
- Proven track record of collaborating with internal partners and/or third-party vendors to gather data and ensure the feasibility of work.
- Financial institution or similar vertical subject matter expertise.
Background and essential skills:
- 3-7 years of content strategy experience/interest, or in a related field such as information architecture and/or interactive copywriting.
- Proven ability to work across disciplines and present work effectively to clients.
- Passion for sharing subject matter expertise, knowledge, and best practices across teams and channels.
- Experience reviewing user research and applying findings to content strategy recommendations aimed at improving user segmentation, targeting, messaging, engagement, and conversion.
- Ability to collaborate with business partners to define web analytics KPIs to improve our effectiveness, and ultimately provide an engaging user experience.
- Experience working within a digital framework: discovery, define, concept, copy, and development.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of testing methodology and how that translates into content optimization.
- Understanding of taxonomy and SEO, and how to optimize web pages for increased ranking.
- Experience working within the constraints of content management systems (CMS), especially Drupal.
- Background or expertise in communications-related field, such as PR, marketing, or social media expertise.