Our client is looking for a Technical Writer to be based out of their office in Chesterfield, MO. This position will be assisting with Process Flows, SOP and documentation for Master Data transition to new process.
• Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
• Receives assignment from supervisor.
• Observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
• Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
• Reviews manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
• Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
• May maintain records and files of work and revisions.
• May select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
• May assist in laying out material for publication.
• May arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
• May write speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases.
• May edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or plant personnel.
• May specialize in writing material regarding work methods and procedures.
- At least 3+ years experience in Technical writing.
- Experience in writing complex technical documentation.
- Requires the ability to understand complex information and communicate the information to people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Work with high degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task, recognize and set priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.