As a Designer, you will work closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle. You are a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better. Interaction Designers work on projects that have an impact on the web experience of millions of users. Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and feature. Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
Your day may involve designing interfaces, mapping out user journeys, creating visual assets, brainstorming in a large group, managing other designers or prototyping future interactions. In parallel, this role will involve working closely with business strategists, scientists and entrepreneurial engineers, and the introduction of strong design principles and processes to these partners. You will have a strong interest in technology, have worked alongside engineers and product managers, and have an aptitude for all aspects of design.
- 6+years experience
- Experience worked in early stage software visual and interaction design
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Illustrator etc.).
- Portfolios - Strong foundational thinking on projects.
- Thinking through large scale complicated systems.
- Examples of prototyping, testing, working closely with research, developing models.