UX Designer - 4 Month Contract
$$DOE, plus benefits
*Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, sponsorship is not available.
Our client's products protect Fortune 500 companies from cybercrimes in lots of clever ways. The user experience team is responsible for designing innovative web-based products & components that help our customers learn to use our products, identify & solve their security issues, and grow as security professionals. They truly care about developing new and better ways to make security more accessible and to get our users the information they need when and where they need it.
We’re looking for someone who has experience producing elegantly designed solutions. Our ideal person thrives in a fast-paced environment, believes that design is a critical aspect of the product experience, is a self-starter, and is an excellent communicator.
You will work cross-functionally with UX, Engineering, Product Management, and other groups to design & implement cutting-edge security solutions. Our user experience designers work on everything from first time user experiences & on boarding, e-commerce experiences, dashboards & reporting, and complex security workflows. We are looking for someone who can elevate the customer experience through quality design across all digital touch-points.
The Role - Okay, enough about us and what we want! Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with Product Management and Development teams on designing solutions & seeing these through to production.
- Working with customers to understand real world deployment and product usage to inform content and design needs.
- Helping us design & implement great experiences for our internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the rest of the User Experience team on other projects as needed.
- Tracking your work through JIRA and Confluence.
- Communicating project statuses and blockers to the User Experience & product teams.
- Attending regular status meetings with Product Management and User Experience to sync on status and identify upcoming design needs.
- Working with designers to design & implement design pattern consistency across a variety of products and use cases.
Our ideal team member should:
- Have a strong knowledge of UX design theories & best practices.
- Be able to quickly understand and analyze the primary goals of our users & stakeholders and help to provide ideas and direction toward an intuitive, strategic digital solution.
- Have strong visual design skills to supplement the user experience mindset.
- Be able to rapidly generate sketches, wireframes, and prototypes with paper & pencil as well as software tools.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability and willingness to be a team player.
Requirements & Skills - To apply for this role, you should have:
- Solid production skills with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or like products to provide clean, organized diagrams and illustrations to help communicate ideas clearly.
- Solid time management skills with the ability to adapt quickly and flexibly.
- An interactive/UX-focused portfolio.
- Ability to be on-site as needed for brainstorming and creative strategy meetings.
- Ability to design within brand & style guidelines and apply them to complex systems.
- Experience working directly with a software development team.
And finally, it’d also be extra nice if you have the following education and experience:
- At least 1-3 years of UI/UX design experience in a business environment.
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web technology.
- Experience working with remote stakeholders and teams.
- Good knowledge of Information Architecture, User Research and Usability Testing.
- Experience brainstorming, collecting requirements around and defining new interaction patterns and paradigms.