If you want to tackle challenging scientific and engineering problems in a collaborative environment and have strong skills in qualitative research, we want you to join our corporate community of 75+ UX professionals at a company that values user experience. You'll be responsible for developing research plans, gathering both qualitative and quantitative data, conducting analysis and working collaboratively with designers and developers to solve some of the toughest upstream energy problems.
We are seeking a UX Researcher for a long term opportunity with one of our Fortune 100 clients in Houston, TX.
The UX Researcher will be a key member of solution delivery process, responsible for comprehension of business requirements (product owner) through end-user research, documenting user stories, ensuring that software solutions are designed/delivered/developed to meet the business requirements, and leading a project engagements to ensure deliverables are met on time. This role closely resembles a Business Analyst or Product Owner position and is aligned with industry standard responsibilities of an Agile Product Owner. Works closely with business customers (Product Manager) to prioritize user stories within feature sets to drive team to MVP. Likely will require frequent travel to business sites to research end-user needs, business process, and interface with customers and understand their needs or assist with product implementations.
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS & Responsibilities Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Manage Product roadmap (i.e. 3 month, 1 year plan for product)
• Work with business (remotely and at our manufacturing facilities) to understand and decide what the product needs or how it needs to change to ensure it is useful and adopted.
• Execute User Research methods to get quality and quantitative input from users via observations / interviews / focus groups / business process research / user journeys /etc.
• Prioritize new features & user stories with business partners and provide clarity to team on specifications (acceptance criteria) based on user needs. Analyze and document business requirements (in form of user stories) to ensure clarity and alignment among customers, project managers, and end-users
• Regularly meet & lead project team (example: as a scrum master) to ensure weekly progress towards requirements and commitments are being met
• Understand technical frameworks and landscape in order to provide explanations of various software alternatives
• Develop partnership with customers, project managers, vendors
• Steward engagement progress to stakeholders & discuss scope change and impact regularly (requirements management). Manage team budget/outlook when needed.
• Maintaining awareness of mobile industry best practices and standards, etc.
Technical skill requirements
Preferred Experience / Skills:
• User Research practices & methods to understand user needs to increase adoption and product quality for future feature prioritization. User Center Design (UCD) / Human Center Design (HCD) training is one of the most important skills.
• Requires someone who excels in identifying problems, speaking up to communicate issues / gaps
• Good listener and curious personality who wants to learn how the business works and can think creatively on how to solve the right problem.
• Technical aptitude required
• Agile / Scrum methodology (scope/requirements management & execution on Agile team)
• Applications background preferred
• Ability to appropriately address conflicts amongst stakeholders
• Ability to appropriately identify & address conflicts within project team
• Strong verbal and written communications skills suitable for daily interactions with business customers
• Project Management exposure within Agile SAFe