- Proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- Ability to deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace.
- An understanding of the our voice, aesthetic, and tone.
- Create original designs that adhere to design principles in established creative direction, fluid templates, and company standards.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Senior Designers, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts.
- Flow copy into PSD files, adjusting balance of imagery to copy as necessary.
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files, preparing printouts, and presentation materials.
- Provide build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards.
- Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
- Strategic thinker, problem solver, and visual communicator who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver designs from concept to implementation.
- You are a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively
- You are experienced in collaborating in the execution of an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences
- Demonstrate strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources
- Collaborate with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to tackle complex problems with simple solutions
- Have experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of devices, experiences and scenarios
- 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Experience creating the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Real passion for a wide variety of editorial, digital and magazine/publishing, and systems design
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography, illustration, and motion
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered
- Demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles
- Excellent communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones
- Ability to prototype visual design work for a variety of mediums
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as packaging and presenting creative solutions.
- Portfolio demonstrating perfection in delivering strategic and editorial ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- 4+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent)