Roles and Responsibilities
• 75% Content Management (CMS)
• 25% Project Management
Web Production Planning
• Help manage the production roadmap for new projects related to your subject area in partnership with content writers, the managing editor and the production manager. The roadmap includes all active and planned projects and includes targeted launch dates.
• Consult with content writers to scope, design and plan all new projects with regard to information architecture (site structure), page templates and requirements for creative assets and lead generation.
Web Production Implementation
• Oversee all production activities related to the launch of a new website, such as:
o Design and recommend the information architecture for new projects in coordination with the department's online taxonomist.
o Build new web pages in the next generation content management system (CMS), either personally or by providing work instructions to support teams.
o Coordinate with the design team to develop creative elements of the page.
o Consult with the digital librarian regarding asset tagging requirements that pertain to new information architecture.
o Coordinate with the lead generation team to develop appropriate lead-gen creative and supporting campaigns for the project.
o Coordinate with the content writer to gain final launch approval of the pages.
o Manage the workflow process to take the site from staging to production.
o Troubleshoot post production issues with the content writer.
• Notify the globalization team of newly launched projects so they get into the globalization queue.
Content Management System (CMS)
• Serve as an expert on the next generation content management system (CMS), supporting the content writers and other team members.
• Write work instructions for support teams to amplify the production volume capability of the team.
• Provide input on future development directions for the next generation content management system.
• Troubleshoot issues that arise within the content management system.
• Participate in testing of new content management system features and development.
• On a case-by-case basis, scope, plan, delegate and execute new content additions into the information architecture for acquired properties.
• Manage the work to update existing sites or launch new sites to support acquisition integration.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs