- Check what is in the background behind you and that it’s appropriate
- Pay attention to your clothes; dress as you would for an interview
- Don’t sit too close to the screen
- Make sure you have eliminated noise around you including pets and children
- Turn your phone off
- Try not to use your mobile phone since cell connections can be inconsistent.
- Have a glass of water next to you
- Have a pen and paper or digital note taking device ready
- Triple check that your video service works before your scheduled call
- Keep eye contact with your interviewer
- Take pauses when talking and don’t rush
- Show some personality; small talk is good
- Close your email program so you aren’t distracted whilst talking
- Stick to your time slot; be on time and don’t waffle on
- If you are sharing screens, don’t have anything personal on your background
Have tips of your own on how to make sure your next video interview is a winner? Please share!
An Aquent representative will be in touch with you shortly to learn more about how we can help.
You can also call us during regular business hours at 020 7404 0077 and we'll be happy to help.
In the meantime, stay connected with us via:
We're sorry, but we could not send your message. Please try submitting the form again.